Tuesday, January 23, 2007

2007 Blastoff - Week 3 Report

It's hard to believe that we only have one week left in this challenge! We're already trying to come up with a clever name for the next installment. I vote for "Fit February." Not the most original, but applicable. Whatever the name, it shall run from January 30th - February 26th (I think). March, though, will be MARATHON MADNESS!!! And anyone out there is welcome to participate. It has been invaluable to hear feedback from the increased participants.

Here are this week's stats, in "just the facts" format:

Susan K. was the big winner! She earned a whopping 50 points and maintained her weight.
I earned 47 points and gained 0.8 pounds.
Katie earned 46 points and gained 1 pound.
Martina earned 33 points and maintained her weight.

Susan K. truly did "focus" as she committed to doing last week. She exercised religiously and even "foced" herself to do calisthenics. Go girl! She even shared with me a superb Mexican Chicken Soup recipe.

I ran 28 miles this past week (and can not stop telling people how it's all downhill from here!!!) I am thrilled with only a 0.8 pound gain after plummeting down 3.6 last week. I know how my body works! Normally after such a big change in weight I gain about half back the next week. So 0.8 is just dandy! I continue to increase my water intake to be the most hydrated runner I can be. And the calisthenics are getting to be second nature.

Katie - the queen of the gym - did well, also. The same applies for her slight gain. Katie continues to amaze me by being the most active "after 5" person I know. As I go home from work ready to just veg out, this woman gets into high gear. And she is the accountability and support leader of this challenge! And - ahem - her running sabbatical is ending soon. Isn't it, Katie?

Martina was away from home working this week, and she said that she experienced especially rough times in the professional world. One night she had to be at it until 2 AM! Oh the life of an auditor! She is happy to report that next week she's going to be back home in New York. And, she'll be back to her old habits as her accountability/gym partner, aka mom, will be there. With all of the work dealings, she's happy to report that she has maintained her weight. My hat's off to her for that. I know from previous employment what it's like a) to be forced to work a zillion hours and b) how corworkers rarely want to order in healthy food!

Come on folks - join our fun challenge!

1 comment:

MarathonChris said...

Congrats to all of you on a job well done!!!