Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Holiday 2006 Challenge - Final Report

A round of applause, please, for my "partner in crime," Katie, for keeping me accountable over the holidays! Holiday 2006 Challenge was one of our best ideas ever. In fact, we have decided to carry it into the new year. It has been revamped and will be called 2007 Blastoff!

This past week Katie and I each earned 40 points. I lost 0.2 pounds and Katie gained 1.5 pounds.

Overall, I earned 230 points and lost 2.8 pounds over the past five weeks. YAY! Katie earned 170.5 points, plus the week's worth that she couldn't quantify, and gained 2 pounds (which I believe is a fluke of the scale - she'll kill me in 2007 Blastoff!)

We have really enjoyed it, as I said. I have paid tons more attention to my water, fruits/vegetables and dairy consumption. And I am now committed to doing nightly calisthenics. No kidding!

So, I was the official winner of Holiday 2006 Challenge. :)

Katie, aka the Excel Maven, has created a new spreadsheet for the next four weeks. You can e-mail me for your own copy! Just click on the "e-mail me" link on my blog profile. PLEASE join us! My friend Susan K. (as I am Susan S.) has agreed to participate. We have upped the amount of activity points available and made "resisting temptation" and "good deeds" into bonus points. The winner will get a gift card to Subway. Happy counting!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Everytime I grab a bottle of water, I think about your contest... what I great idea.

I am glad that you decided to continue with it and even inspired some new people... Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the dedicated victor in the 2006 holiday challenge!

I have a whole new dedication to the 2007 Blast-Off! It's good that it will now be within our power to get perfect scores without facing temptations!

MarathonChris said...

Congrats on the holiday challenge and the plan to continue!!! Keep up the good work!