Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Sweetheart Slimdown Challenge - Week 1 Report

This is a first. No weight was lost this week! Now that's not exactly the point of the competition, but it certainly puts smiles on faces. I'll discuss that more in a bit.

Katie earned 47 points and gained 2 pounds.
Susan K. earned 46 points and maintained her weight.
Martina earned 44 points and didn't have access to a scale (she's traveling again).
I earned 43 points and gained 0.2 pounds.

We all felt that we had good weeks. Martina has said it best, though. She's in North Carolina for work and commented that there was no scale at her hotel, yet her pants seemed to be looser. Martina gets the gold star, in my book, because sometimes people (myself included) judge success by the number on the little metal box we stand on once per week or so. Martina is the emotional winner of the week; she has the wisdom to only worry about the way her clothes fit and look. Girlfriend, my hat is off to you!

All four of us are going to "keep on keepin' on" this next week! My marathon is less than 4 weeks away. Katie's 8K race is 7 weeks away.

Have a good week, everyone!

1 comment:

Maddy said...

I got here late. How are the points accumulated? And is there a prize at the end?

Way to stay motivated and accountable! I love it!