Friday, May 18, 2007

One Week To Go!



This time next week I will be excited to fly to Chicago for the Soldier Field 10!!! I'm already excited about reconnecting with old friends, namely Katie who will be running it with me.

On the health front, I am actually getting better! I credit the improvement to Sudafed - the miracle drug. I am hoping for the energy to run this weekend. However, I am wondering if these 11 days without running will somehow make me a better runner. Hmm... that would be nice! Everyone says to rest for as long as it takes. I haven't had this long of a break in years!

This morning I had to climb 4 flights of stairs kind of unexpectedly. When I got to the top I kind of quasi took my pulse. My heart was racing, of course! However, I noticed that it was back down to normal really, really quickly. For that I was grateful.

Good luck to Shirley this weekend at the Ford Ironman 70.3 Florida, a half triathlon!

4 comments:

Maddy said...

I'm glad you are starting to feel better!

You're so close to Soldier Field! Yay!

Anonymous said...

How cute! I think my little character needs to look like she's in a little more pain! Ha!

I have my seminar tomorrow - I will keep you posted, just got back from a nice three miler!

One more week! I can't wait to see you!!!

MarathonChris said...

Glad you are feeling better! It is hard not to be able to run.

But you are already so ready for this 10 miler. Should be a fun race next week!

Watch taking sudafed and running - I took some before a 5K and it really dried me up. I had to make a water stop. I remember seeing some recommendations not to use it when running. Just check into it. You can't run stuffy, but some medications may not be good in an environment where you might get overheated.

Unknown said...

MarathonChris has a great point that I never thought about.

I use Sudafed for my Meth, no.. I mean, my illnesses. I a HUGE sudafed/tynenol combo guy. And while I knew that Sudafed dries you up (like it's made to), I never thought about extra water!