Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Looking Ahead

This Saturday will be my first longrun in my new marathon training plan. I am supposed to do 8 miles. However, I have a local race planned!
So, Coach Terry has come up with a solution. He thinks I should run two miles before the race. I think I just might run to the race, as it is in my hometown. There I will meet up with Chasen; he is also running the race.

Last year I ran it in 21:12 (a 10:35 pace). I am pretty shocked that I was able to run it that fast last year! I guess I surprised myself last year. This year, of course, I plan to beat that time. Correction: I plan to STOMP that time. Ha! I think even with running two miles over there, I should still be able to be speedy. I am a "student" of Coach Terry, after all.

After the race I could either run home, then do some more loops in my neighborhood, or just ride home with Chasen and do the last 4 miles however I want. What a Saturday!

1 comment:

CewTwo said...

Chasen is running it, too! Too cool! A running relationship. I'm proud of both of you! And happy to think of you as my friends!!!