Wednesday, July 18, 2007

RFE TR #2

Total Miles Trained For Elijah: 10

Today was a speedwork day. So I headed over to the high school track at about 5:30 AM. There was already another brave soul there walking. So I kept my eyes on that person the whole time.

I received specific instructions from the Coach as to what exactly to do today... but they escaped me this morning. So I "winged it." I did a 1-mile warmup at 12:18. Then I did a mile "at pace." It was supposed to be 9:50-10:15. I did it in 9:39. I thought surely after my half mile recovery (at 7:07) that the second mile at pace would be slower. But I did that one at 9:39 also! That's odd; I am rarely consistent. My final half mile recovery was done at 6:51. Then I was out of there!

Tomorrow is 4 easy miles. Then I rest until the 2-Mile race on Saturday. Yay!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You did good and were awesome with the consistency!