Monday, July 23, 2007

RFE TR #5

Total Miles Trained For Elijah: 28

Phew. I did it.

Somehow this morning I just could not get out of bed at 5:15 AM. So I snoozed until almost too late. So did Chasen. I guess we needed a bit more recovery from our busy weekend with guests.

After a long day of work, a trip to the library, and a trip to the grocery store (my least favorite activity) I was determined to do my 6 easy miles. I knew I could postpone until tomorrow morning, but that would mean running three days in a row if I was to stay on schedule. No way! That is TOO MUCH. So tonight was it.

The weather was quite pleasant. And I tried my hardest to run in shaded areas. I listened to two non-running podcasts (yes, I do listen to that kind from time to time). During mile 4 (or maybe even before) I got what can only be described as a sharp pain in my lower, front abdominal area. What remedied that was walking and taking deep breaths.

I finally got home right at nightfall. The downfall to that was it practically being time to go to bed. Aargh! My average pace was 12:10, which was OK. I look forward to a rest day tomorrow, as my left calf was a bit sore out there tonight, at least at first.

1 comment:

Maddy said...

Yay! You did it! I have juggled my runs around and it always makes me sorry I've done it.

Way to stick to your plan!