Wednesday, July 25, 2007

RFE TR #6

Total Miles Trained For Elijah: 33

You know, sometimes even with proper hydration, sleep, nutrition, etc. you just have an off day. That is my story today. I sprang out of bed at about 5:12 AM to go to the high school track to do my favorite form of track workout: interval ladders. I had high hopes for it! I knew I wouldn't be able to track it all on my Garmin, specifically, since the distance changes so much (without spending tons of time setting up the Garmin as such - and maybe I should have). I just thought "Oh well, I am just going to run and do my best." Well, somehow my best was not quite up to snuff today. Within the first mile out there I began dragging. My left calf made its presence known the minute I began running (and I am beginning to wonder if that is just about it becoming stronger...) yet quickly the 'pain' disappeared.

The weather was actually quite pleasant. But before I was even halfway done I was wishing I had never begun. I quickly decided that putting in the miles, albeit slowly, was better than not running at all. So I did whatever it took to finish the five miles. At one point I ran around the high school campus for a change of scenery. Hey - whatever it takes! And an older gentleman showed up to do some running. I recognized him from local races. HE was speedy out there! But not me...

I finished me sad, sad session in 1:05: 33 - oh my! It makes me happy to know that it is done and I can now look forward to six easy miles tomorrow. Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

way to go! sometimes you just have to get it done!

nylisa said...

but you toughed it out and that's awesome!