Wednesday, August 15, 2007

RFE TR #17

Total Miles Trained For Elijah: 114.10

Last night was a good night. I got everything done that I needed to do... plus I got in bed on time for my 5 miles of interval training this morning. I woke at 5 AM, which seems very late for my current standards. I headed to the high school track to do ladder intervals.

I usually "case the joint" when I arrive. I drive all over the campus to ensure that I am indeed alone. This morning, after doing that, I spotted someone on the track already. The two runners I usually encounter at the track don't usually arrive until after sunrise. So I thought maybe just one of them was there early. It turned out to be, I'd guess, a high school boy. He wasn't exactly dressed like a runner, but he had runner-type stuff with him: water bottles and backpack plopped down on the track surface (where I usually plop down my stuff). He also had cigarettes with him. Hmm - probably not a runner (at least none of the runners I know smoke!)

I thought about leaving to go elsewhere, as this guy was just leisurely walking around the track, not seeming to really belong there. But then I thought "maybe he has football practice in an hour or two and had to get dropped off early." I decided to watch him like a hawk and start my workout. Well, he left in about one minute. I guess I scared him off. Ha! Safety first.

So my intervals went just fine! It was a good run. I tried to stick as close to my paces as possible. Tomorrow is 6 easy miles. My aches and pains from yesterday have gone away, thankfully. 14 miles on Saturday!!!

2 comments:

CewTwo said...

I ran with a friend this morning. He kept stepping up the pace. I wouldn't take the bait. I simply caught up and told him that I had competed last Saturday and this is a rest week and I will stick to that!

He didn't like it but he slowed down.

You had asked about my next race. I'm looking at a 10K in the city of Denver. It'll be run in Denver's City park if I decide to do it.

Now as to you scaring anyone off...

:-P

Irish Blue said...

Look at you, all intimidating..hee, hee. I scare my teenage boys all the time.

Sounds like the running is going great. Good for you!

Have a great week.