Friday, August 17, 2007

RFE TR #18

Total Miles Trained For Elijah: 119

Reflecting back to last year, i.e. the start of marathon training, I know for a fact that I am in better shape now. What I do not understand is why this early training has been so difficult for me! I mean, I am avoiding the heat and sunshine... what more can a girl do?

Mile 1: 12:13
Mile 2: 12:48
Mile 3: 12:15
Mile 4: 12:49
Mile 4.9: 11:35
Total for 4.9 Miles: 1:01:37
Average: 12:35 per mile, 161 beats per minute

I chose to run 4.9 to equalize my mileage for this week. Since my longrun was 13.1 (.1 over) and another run was one mile too much, I shortened today's 6-miler to 5 miles and then subtracted .1 to even it all out. Anal, yes.

Tomorrow is my 14 miler. Here is my proposed course (in elevation).

And four more days until my extreme busyness ends!!!! I bet my running will improve once I become less stressed. There's hope!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a spiffy little graph! First 2 miles up hill... brave!

Have fun and stay cool!

CewTwo said...

I'll be running a mountain trail tomorrow but I will be thinking of you.

The hills do look interesting!

Nicole said...

Ooooh! I like your graph. Have fun with your hills. :)

Anonymous said...

Susan you are doing great.. even though you are running in the mornings it is by no means cool.. and the humidity is awful. Once we get some milder weather I bet you will see your times really improve. I met some friends this morning to run in NLR and at 6:00am it was 80 degrees!!!

Annette