Wednesday, August 29, 2007

RFE TR #23

Total Miles Trained For Elijah: 160

Hold on to your hats -- hill training did not kill me. Ha!

I warmed up for two miles in my neighborhood (12:15, 12:33) before I began my rectangular, Coach-approved hill loop. I ran up the hill into the east entrance into my neighborhood, turned left for a short straightaway, ran down an equal hill, and finished the loop with a straightaway back to the starting point... and repeat. I think I did that 8 times. As time went on, it did get more difficult, but I just took it in stride (pun intended). I ended with a 1-mile cooldown that ran me all the way home. Perfect! I am pleased.

5 comments:

Maddy said...

Niiiiice!

ShirleyPerly said...

8 times? Way to take that hill!!

peter said...

Hill workouts are good! They enable you to get a "longer" run in in a shorter time by making your run harder. The only thing better is track (speed) workouts. But that's for way down the line. Eight times up your hill! That's motivation. Be proud of your hill. My hill, a half mile long that starts a half mile from my front door, is the best dang hill in the DC area. Sez me.

Irish Blue said...

Way to go! I'm going to need to get on this hill workout thing soon too. I really only have 1 hill in my sub, but it's on a loop, so I could just do repeats.

CewTwo said...

Funny. I ran a new course yesterday. Up and down, up and down. It is an out and back and the rises are challenging. It has a track at 1 1/2 miles from my house. That allows a warm-up with hills, then intervals in the middle! The rises are equally challenging to and from. Then there is that push at the end to the finish.

My problem is that my area is very hilly!

Good for you, Susan!