Friday, August 31, 2007

RFE TR #24

Total Miles Trained For Elijah: 166

I skipped my run yesterday morning. I woke up and all... but just couldn't find it in myself to get out of bed. So I did not.

Today I overslept! Actually, I did not set my alarm. That never happens! I did wake up at 4:30 or so and saw what time it was and went back to sleep. Nonetheless, I woke at 5:34 AM (which is "late" by current standards) and headed out as quickly as I could. I needed to do 6 easy miles.

I don't know what it is... but I swear I am getting slower. How is that possible? Only 1 mile was quicker than the 13-minute range. Aargh! Oh well... run completed.

I have submitted, for the first time, an audio comment to be featured on a podcast. It's The Extra Mile Podcast, in fact! I have a 4-minute account of my marathon training, explanation about Elijah, etc. I am excited for it to air next week! The audio quality is not spectacular, but hey - I am trying.

I have some exciting news. Next Saturday, after my 18-mile longrun, I am going to go and volunteer for the MS 150 bike ride at Petit Jean State Park! I will be camping with my friend Sherri that night and attending the MS banquet where her friend (and cyclist) Debbie will be the keynote speaker. Pretty cool! The volunteer coordinator said that I would be placed at the finish line. I'm so excited! Then at the end of September I am going to volunteer at a local marathon. What can I say - I just can't get enough of it all! :)

4 comments:

CewTwo said...

You went out and did the run! That's what counts!

My friend volunteered at my last half-marathon and was assigned at the finish line. He still claims to be sore! He said he must have unlaced and relaced 20 shoes.

Maybe your admirable volunteer performance could counjt as cross training!

Enjoy the experience!

Maddy said...

In case I haven't told you lately - You're AWESOME!!!!

You got your six easy miles in. And Volunteering!

Can you say Rock Star?

As usual, I am totally impressed.

Unknown said...

look forward to hearing your audio commentary!

Awesome that you are volunteering... you'll love it and remember, without volunteers there would be Darkness and Chaos!

afoodieslife.com said...

six easy miles? incredible.