Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fit Camp, Night #1

Whew - Fit Camp has changed a lot since last year. I was expecting a test of "how many of this and that can you do," but they got right in to working us out. It was much better! There were probably close to 20 participants. We began out in the parking lot of the gym. We warmed up by running in place. We proceeded to do every kind of squat and lunge known to mankind. My rear is SORE, needless to say.

Then we went indoors and did ab work galore. I am PROUD to say that I have kept up with the majority of the ab exercises over the past year... at least from time to time. So those didn't kill me, but they did wear me out.

We concluded with a big talk about nutrition. And this time, to my dismay, they want us all to keep a food journal for 10 days. Yuck! I do that already (along with my mileage) but I am the only one who sees it.

Here is Elijah eating ribs at Chili's last night:

After our Chili's outing I followed Coach Terry's advice with regards to my hamstrings. I filled a 2-liter bottle with hot water and placed it under each hamstring for 15 minutes (with a paper towel covering it). After 20 minutes of "cooling," I repeated that. And I did light stretching afterward. It felt very good! I'll do the same tonight. And we did a bunch of stretching at the end of Fit Camp. Stretchy Susan!

4 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Sounds like a blast! Except for the food journal part :-P

Hope the hamstring gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, you overachiever!!! =)

Dawn said...

You are the queen of the food diary! That will be a piece of cake for you!! (or celery, or something healthy and nutritious!) I am excited to hear all about fit camp! You are amazing!

CewTwo said...

I keep a food journal as part of my training. Have since the madness started. I feel that it keeps you in tune with what you eat (especially when y7ou are a cheater like I am).

Good luck with Camp!