Sunday, December 09, 2007

I Haven't Forgotten How


Today I have done all sorts of things: house cleaning, grocery shopping, gift wrapping and working out. I brought my 5-pound dumbbells out of retirement and had an upper body session. I also did crunches while holding one of them. Owee! (in a good way)

And -- brace yourself -- I went for a quick run! I did two whole miles: 10:59 and 10:17. It was 59 degrees and muggy out there. It began to sprinkle as I was almost back to my house. The verdict is in: I have not forgotten how to run. :)

7 comments:

Annette said...

Great job on getting your first post marathon run in! I know Arland will be jealous since he still hasn't been able to run one stop yet since Tulsa.

Have you see any information about the course for the Hot Springs Jingle Bell 5K?

Unknown said...

Those are quick miles! Rock on! And you were the busy little bee getting all your errand done!

ShirleyPerly said...

And, hooray for no toenail pain :-)

Maddy said...

The two mile recovery run seems like you barely got started before it was over, doesn't it? Yet it is so enjoyable!

Congrats on getting back to the streets!

Chief Wahoo said...

59 and muggy sounds nice compared to 25 and icy in my neck of the woods!

Irish Blue said...

Running again...woo-hoo!!! Chicago 08?

nylisa said...

Woo hoo!

I have yet to do that and it's been over a month! I gotta visit your blog more often so I can motivate my lazy butt out of this chair!

GO SUSAN!!!