I have been tagged recently by both Jade Lady and Coach Terry to do a meme. So here are 7 more random facts about myself:
1. You know how some people don't choose the name for their child until they're born, because they want to get to know them? Well, I was supposed to be Mary Elizabeth. However, upon birth (2 months early, might I add, at 4 lbs. 2 oz.) I became Susan Elizabeth.
2. Even though I began driving (and became a car owner) at age 16, as of today I am only on car #3. I drove my "first car" for 8 years! That ole beater lasted through all of high school and college. I then traded the 21-year-old thing for a 1999 VW Jetta. I drove my beloved Jetta until this past spring (8.5 years). Now I am on car #3, a Mazda CX-7.
3. I actually want glasses. In ninth grade I was prescribed some reading glasses. I wore them (the same prescription, that is, not the same pair) until I was about 26. Then, upon switching eye doctors, I was told that if I had come to him way back when, he would have never prescribed glasses, as my need for them is not bad enough. So I wore glasses for about 12 years for nothing! But I really like glasses and wish I had a pair -- I think they're cool.
4. I am an only child. Only now that I am heading toward my mid-30's (eek!) do I wish for a sibling. I am envious of those who have siblings that they're close with. But on the other hand, I'm such a loner that I'd probably go crazy with a sibling...
5. While traveling in Europe as a 21-year-old architecture student, I went to Amsterdam and did not do drugs. Of any kind. Not even once. No kidding.
6. Prior to getting married, I never had a home computer. I know that's hard to believe, since I am Miss Online.
7. While a 21-year-old architecture student studying in Italy, I could drink an entire bottle of Italian wine with few repercussions. Fast forward to now; my monthly cocktail kicks me in the rear!
There ya have it, folks. I won't tag anyone else... but feel free to do so on your own!