Saturday, September 19, 2009

Wanted: Some Zen

What a week I've had! Three big things have made this week tough for me: Chasen's work, a monsoon and planned events.

Chasen has gotten a promotion, and due to some odd circumstances he is doing the work of about three people right now, so he has hardly been home at all. That makes for a lot of treadmill running. Which is fine... but I don't really get to "escape life" that way. But the runs get done.

It has rained for about a week straight. Again, I am thankful for Teddy Tready! (and a garage)

We had places to be Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday night of this week. Yikes! Rain or no rain, I'd be forced to use the treadmill in order to get the runs done on time. Calgon, take me away!

On Tuesday I had to drive to Tupelo, Mississippi (90 miles away, birthplace of Elvis) for a new work project (!!!) on less than 3 hours of sleep. Isaac had to go to work with Chasen before 6 AM. This is not an ideal situation, people! But you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.

I have not missed any runs, but I have been fit to be tied! Today, Saturday, I was to do a 2-mile zen run. With Chasen gone and the rain coming and going, Isaac and I headed out and I just walked. I didn't have any zen in me. *sigh*

I bought Isaac this Halloween shirt last year, not knowing he'd be so big! So he is wearing it early.

Napping lil pumpkin. Comfy, huh?

A laughing baby can make ANY day better.

Chocolate tiramisu cake I had to make to take to an event. I didn't even get a slice!

Got bananas?

Tomorrow is a 14-miler. Rain, rain, go away!

4 comments:

Suzana said...

Aw your little guy is SO cute!!
14 miles - WOW you're doing so great :D

Susan said...

Issac is so cute!! You are very, very inspiring, SS, I've gotta say, with your training et al. I'm thinking about doing a 5.5 trail run at the end of October...not sure I'll be able to pull it off though in under 1 hr 15 min (yeah, I *am* a turtle!--I always run/walk).
ps...not a cougar any more either! :( dang.

Susan said...

dang! I can't believe I mis-spelled Isaac!! oops!!!

ShirleyPerly said...

So wonderful to hear the voice that goes along with that cute face!

And I'm sure missing a 2-mile run is no big deal with all else you had going on. Missing getting a piece of that chocolate tiramisu cake is criminal, though ;-)