Monday, June 28, 2010

Nocturnal Running

Who has time to blog? Not me. So I'll be brief.

On Saturday night at about 9 PM I headed out for 6 Galloway "magic miles" of speedwork, which are supposed to predict your marathon pace. Let's just say that I'll be mere footsteps ahead of the walkers...

Tonight I also headed out at 9 PM for 40 minutes of fun. While it was good to get away and "escape" for 40 minutes, I have to say that it's just not enough. Bring on the long run!

I have my 20-miler this Saturday and I am STILL undecided as to which insane time slot I will try to run it in. Aaack! Darn Memphissippi heat!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The one time I did my Magic Mile - I kept thinking...wait...that can't be right! It was right.

Marathon Maritza said...

The heat sucks but man, great job getting out there! I will take a page from your book and stop wimping out on my hot runs.

Jacky said...

It is wicked hot here too and a heat wave is on our way. I have a 10K on Sunday... not fun... I hate the heat, then again I too hate it when it's too cold, LOL! But training in the heat is hard but YOU CAN DO IT, no doubt about it! Just make sure you hydrate plenty!
Good to know you're all on the mend!

Unknown said...

Stay Hydrated!