Tuesday, April 26, 2011

For The Record...

I am nervous about the Frisco Railroad Run Marathon. I admit it. It's more than the usual pre-marathon jitters. This is a whole new world for me. This is the first time I have ever tried to piggyback one race with another. The Cowtown Marathon was just nine weeks ago! I took about three weeks to just "knock around" only running small amounts, and then I had five weeks of "hard training" prior to this week's semi-taper. With my Hanson-inspired training plan, I made it up to 15 miles for a longrun. One can see how I may be feeling a bit anxious.

It's a very small race. As of this moment I am one of 48 marathoners. There are 99 10-mile race entrants, 26 50-milers, 20 50k'ers and a few 50-mile relay teams. The course is a rural out-and-back. My great hope is to buddy up with a 50-mile person on the way out and then find another a 50k'er on the way back in. My goal is simply to just run 26.2 miles and walk away with the AWESOME medal (photo coming soon)!

In a nutshell, I feel a bit unprepared. This is the first time that I have not spent 3-4 months training for a marathon. I am a firm believer that it's better to be undertrained than overtrained, and I am thanking my lucky stars to not be injured. But, still, I am worried. Here goes nothin'!!!

3 comments:

Jacky said...

You're my hero! You'll do great!

A Nest in the Making said...

You can do it!!!

Nike said...

These boots are made of sheepskin and of unisex variety. babyliss pro flat iron Ugg boots take place to appear to be utilized inside the countryside regions of Arctic Circle and China. They take place to appear to be critically normal shoes between the sheep shearers as they certainly not ran besides its resource. Yamaha Fairings The sheepskin made it at ease and protected them from chilly surroundings when engaged in outside activities. Onitsuka Tiger Shoes The Ugg boots made a gradual escape within your path using the mainstream.