Saturday, May 19, 2012

It Was the Best of Times, It Was the Worst of Times

Thank the good lord above... Chasen has made it home from China! This was the worst time ever for Isaac and I. In fact, it was the only bad time we've had. The boy just wouldn't sleep, and he's old enough now to know that his daddy was gone. He missed him terribly. My running definitely suffered (thanks to no Mother's Day Out, plus Isaac's general whineyness). We were both sleep deprived. Sleep deprivation makes anything 10x worse, I assure you. I thought I was at the end of my rope! That's the bad part.

But it wasn't all bad. If you take out the sleep deprivation part, it was another good 11 days alone. We played outside tons. We took trips to Sonic for drinks and treats every few days. We went for ice cream at least twice (Isaac loves going to the local TCBY). We went to the park and met friends. We had sushi on Mother's Day. We took lots of rides in "Daddy's truck." We trekked all the way to the New Balance store, and then went out to eat after that. We definitely kept busy.

The next China trip probably will not be for another five month or so, I'd guess. Hallelujah!

No comments: