Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sleep Deprived Run

After one amazing night of good sleep since Chasen's return, I couldn't get to sleep last night. Houston, we have a problem. I was to do 8 miles before church today, and I knew putting it off was not a good option. So on about 4.5 hours of sleep, I headed out to get it done. I pushed the start button on my rather old Garmin Forerunner 301 at 5:41 AM. It was not quite 70 degrees, yet humid already. Surprisingly, it went amazingly well!

I decided that since this was not technically a longrun, I'd forego the 30:30. I opted for my old "tried and true" run .19 walk .06 routine. I actually felt really speedy! I was shocked to see that my average per mile was 13:25. It felt lots faster. But I'll take it, especially considering sleep deprivation and all of the walking (about 25%).

I am now officially registered for the St. Joe River Marathon. I am both excited and anxious. We still have to get our accommodations all figured out. More to come!

No comments: