Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I'm A Liebster!

I'm back! After a summertime hiatus, which I'll thoroughly discuss in a few days, I am back at blogging. Little did I know back in 2006 that one day I'd be nominated for an award for my lackluster prose!


The Liebster Award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers. (I'd say I have far less than 200, thanks to social media. LOL) I was tagged by my dear friend Petra, whom I visited in England in 2011.  

The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. 
Rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they’ve tagged to answer. [Disclaimer: I am not going to do this -- if you want to join in, feel free -- but I'm not going to make you!]
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post. [nope]
4. Notify the people you have tagged. [no need]5. No tag backs. ;)





Alrighty then -- 11 things about me:

1. I am a licensed Architect. I worked professionally for eleven years prior to being "promoted to motherhood." I do intend to go back to working at some point... I'm just not sure when. I loved it and thought I was good at it. 
2. I was born two months early and weighed in at only 4 pounds 2 ounces. I looked like a little alien! So any time I hear of someone having a premature birth, I tell them that their child will likely be A-OK because I was itty bitty and thrived back in the days of no technology, aka 1974!
3. I absolutely DETEST smoke, smoking and smokers. 'Nuff said. 
4. I am completely addicted to the new Dallas television show! I remember watching the original on Friday nights as a little kid with my mother. I don't remember much; however, my husband, who did the same, can recall scenes like it was just last year. I am HOOKED! And J.R., the biggest bad boy of them all, is my favorite character. That is very un-Susan, because in real life I stay far, far away from scheisters!
5. I have really stepped out of my comfort zone and have recently begun singing in the church choir. This is HUGE for a shy one like me. (OK, OK, I'm shy in the singing department, anyway.)
6. I live in the fourth home I've ever owned. I am pretty certain that at some point there will be a fifth, and it's all dependent upon my husband's career.
7. My precious son, Isaac Roy, is named after my father, Roy. He was the greatest man a little girl could possibly have in her life! 
8. I am an "orphan." Roy passed away when I was 29, and my mother passed away when I was 20. Yes they were older. Long story.
9. I am an only child. My in-laws, what handful I have, live about 600 miles away. It makes for very low-key holidays. Isaac has one living grandparent, whom he only sees about once per year.
10. My mother's name was Ella Louise. She went by Louise. If I would have given birth to a baby girl, her name was going to be Ella. I think it's the prettiest name ever.
11. My inspiration to run my first marathon came from a rather surprising source: my financial advisor. Back when I was gainfully employed and socking away cash like crazy (living like the peasant I was) and began just doing a bit of light running, Lee noticed. I told him I wanted to run a 5k. He gave me this sage advice which I have re-advised dozens of time: "If you can run a 5k, you can run a 10k. If you can run a 10k, you can run a half marathon. If you can run a half marathon, you can run a full marathon." That seems quite algebraic, doesn't it? But it's TRUE.

There ya have it! Now you know a little bit more about this crazy running mama!

No comments: