Saturday, June 08, 2013

Swimming Lessons 2013

I'm proud to announce that Isaac has finished up another week of swimming lessons. He took this same week long class last summer, and boy has he improved! 

                                                           
Each day this week, M-F, I'd drop him off for an hour with Coach Melissa.

He has loved it, that's for sure. I got a good report each day after class. For the last twenty minutes of the last class, the parents get to come and watch. Every child has the opportunity to show off their new skills.

When Chasen and I arrived, there sat six eager swimmers (two were absent).

First he used some kickboards.

Next he swim from Melissa to Cady, the teenage helper, and then back to Melissa. 

He floated on his back for ten seconds.

This is my favorite: the big swim! Notice him saying "Hi Mommy!" as he walks past me. 

 After all was said and done, they each got to do a "victory lap."

I think it is absolutely incredible what can be learned/taught in five hours. And I know for a fact that these skills are valuable, because of an incident that happened last week. A dear friend took Isaac, along with her own children, to a pool. My little daredevil slipped away and jumped right into the deep end! While it scared my friend to death, and caused all three lifeguards to spring into action, Isaac was able to keep his head above water and use his arms to stay afloat. Phew - that was a close call! The first thing I thought when I got over the shock of what he put my friend through was "thank heaven for those swimming lessons!" Thank you, Coach Melissa.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man - that incident with Isaac still gives me the shivers. So pleased he's doing LOTS of swimming now.

julia robert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
julia robert said...

While it scared my friend to death, and caused all three lifeguards to spring into action, Isaac was able to keep his head above water and use his arms to stay afloat. Thanks